Application Development for Mobile Computing
This year, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common and preferred device for access to the Web. Gartner predicts that by 2015 over 80 percent of the handsets sold in mature markets will be smartphones. Gartner also believes that there will be a long term shift away from native Mobile apps to Web apps as HTML5 becomes more capable. Nevertheless, native apps will continue to exist in several niche application areas.
The market for tools to create consumer and enterprise-facing apps is growing rapidly with over one hundred technology players and architectural options competing for attention. Having done mobile application development for over 10+ years in a range of industries, platforms and device configurations, Accion team is well positioned to help you make sense of this rapidly evolving Mobile technology landscape.
Accion Labs offers a range of consulting services & implementation services to develop your mobile solution needs. With a team of mobile architects, PMs, UI/UX experts, developers, we offer a balanced mix of design and implementation experts.
Our mobile development capabilities include
- Building mobile applications in a range of domains/functional areas: Mobile commerce, mobile learning, mobile media, location-aware portals, workforce automation, facilities management, employee communication
- Mobile application development for a number of platforms/technologies: iPhone, Android, Symbian, iPad, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Brew, WAP, Oracle ADF, .Net Compact Framework
- Development using different mobile “architecture”: Mobile Web, Mobile Thick Client App, Mobile Web Service, Mobile Cross-Platform
- Experience with common issues related to mobile development: Web-services integration, GPS integration, battery management, device detection, image resizing, codecs, network management, offline data and synchronization, cross-platform development, integration to social platforms
- Strong experience of SOA based development – key to successful and maintainable Mobile projects
- Strong experience of testing Mobile applications: Cross-platform testing, performance/load/stress testing, automated testing
Mobile Application Development Case Stories
- Assisted a large retailer convert a number of workforce management and productivity applications to iPhone and iPad based mobile platform
Environment: iOS, Objective C, C++, Java
- Helped a software product firm with offerings in mobile data management space develop a range of mobile applications and corresponding services back-end
Environment: Java/Android, Windows Mobile, iOS/Objective-C, Ruby, LAMP
- Helped a software product firm in the entertainment and food industry to develop a cross-platform cross-device application for order entry and order fulfillment.
- Development of a number of mobile BI applications for a leading provider of EAI and EBS software tools
- Enable a suite of e-commerce and online media applications in the pharmaceutical space for mobile access using a mix of native and HTML5 applications.
Environment: Objective C/Cocoa, C/C++, HTML5, jQuery, CSS, Java, Ruby
Mobile Application Development Solutions
Our advisory solutions include:
- Articulating the Mobile value add for understanding the Target audience
- Mobile roadmap development
- Mobile architecture definition
- Tools evaluation
- Choice of Development Approach – Top down or bottom up
- Mobile solution testing approach – Device, Carrier, Backend systems.
- Enterprise Mobility viz. BYOD and MDM strategies
Our execution solutions include:
- Mobile App Development
- Mobile enablement of existing non-Mobile app
- Porting of platform-centric Mobile apps to another mobile platform
- Conversion of platform-centric mobile apps to cross-platform mobile development
- Mobile data analytics projects
- Responsive Web/Mobile design projects
- Integration of social commerce, social media, analytics, big data solutions in a mobile context
For more information please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org