Open Source Solutions
As a result of the recent consolidation in the enterprise software space, acceptance of cloud-based environments and an extended recession of 2008-2012, “open source” has finally entered the mainstream of IT with more and more organizations implementing open-source applications and tools across their application portfolio.
Having said that, open source is a complex world with many product options in a given technology area and questions around licensing options/constraints, long-term support models, developer productivity and total cost of ownership. Our experts at Accion Labs can help you make the right decisions with regards Open source tools, technologies etc.
The Accion Labs team has experience in deploying open source tools in mid-to-large enterprises and software product organizations. Through this hands-on experience, Accion Labs offers both strategic advisory and implementation services in most open source categories.
We have delivered Open Source solutions in a range of industries such as Healthcare, Hi-tech, Media and Telecom. Below is a summary of our expertise:
- We have implemented several open-source platforms such as Apache, JBOSS, various Java and .Net frameworks, LAMP-based Web apps, MySQL, Ruby, Perl, Python, Postgress SQL, etc
- Besides core platform components, we have deployed packaged software such as Alfresco, Liferay, Drupal, Magento, Sugar CRM, etc.
- We have helped our clients migrate from a commercial licensed solution to an open source environment such as:
- Weblogic to Apache or JBOSS
- .Net to Java/J2EE
- Weblogic Portal to Liferay or Drupal
- IBM Websphere Commerce to Magento
- Rational/CCC Harvest/TFS to Jira/Redmine
- .Net to Ruby/RoR
Open Source Case Stories
- Helped a large retail/e-commerce firm migrate from a highly customized version of IBM Websphere Commerce platform to Magento commerce environment in multiple phases.
Environment: Java, J2EE, IBM Websphere, Magento
- Helped a large manufacturing firm migrate over 30+ websites/portals from Plumtree to Liferay.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Plumtree, Liferay, SAP connectors
- Migrated over 1 million lines-of-code of Microsoft platform (.Net, MSBI, T-SQL) to open-source Java/J2EE, Pentaho, Kettle.
Environment: Java/J2EE, .Net, MSBI, Pentaho, Kettle
Environment: iOS/ObjectiveC, C/C++, Java, HTML5, CSS
- Development and maintenance of a large-data analytics marketing campaign environment using Hadoop and Ruby toolset
Environment: Hadoop, MapReduce, Ruby, MySQL, HDFS
Open Source Solutions
Our Advisory solutions include:
- Open source primer – targeted to Technology leadership on licensing, development model, and support options
- Open source implementation roadmap development
- Tool evaluation for specific categories such as Java frameworks, mobile toolkits, ESB tools, and WCM tools
- Tool deployment/rollout approach/program management
Our execution solutions include:
- Product implementation within the WCM space – Alfresco, Liferay, Joomla and Drupal implementation
- New application development using Java/J2EE, LAMP, RubyOnRails, GroovyOnGrails and other open source programming environments
- Migration from commercial Unix OS (AIX and SunOS) to Linux OS
For more information please contact us at email@example.com